The Ministry of Agriculture, in partnership with Innovate BC, is seeking technology solutions that serve the needs of the Province’s agriculture, agrifood and seafood industries. From food processing to traceability to precision agriculture technologies, a total of $150,000 in funding is available to winners of the Agritech Innovation Challenge. In addition to seed funding, winners will receive mentorship support, Market-Validation Training (MVT) through the Agriculture Venture Acceleration Program, and other project opportunities, to produce and demonstrate a proof-of-concept. Winners of the Challenge will be invited to pitch their solutions at Ag Innovation Day in January 2020.
Why get involved?
The benefits for innovators include:
- Opportunities to access seed funding to advance new technologies
- Mentorship and support through Innovate BC’s Agriculture Venture Accelerator Program (AVAP)
- Showcase of your solution at the annual Agriculture Innovation Day (Pacific Agriculture Show) in January 2020 and at the next #BCTECHSummit (date TBD).
The benefits for BC’s agriculture sector include:
- Increasing provincial agrifood revenues by driving competitiveness, increasing efficiency and production
- Building more resiliency in the sector by addressing challenges to labour supply and environmental impact
- Creating more opportunities to explore new markets through emerging technologies
Visit the Agritech Innovation Challenge webpage to learn more about the challenge process, it’s key dates, and to register for an upcoming Q&A and Info Session.
Ready to enter the challenge? Submit your Letter of Interest no later than 9am PST on May 14, 2019.
For questions regarding the Agritech Innovation Challenge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org