Innovation Island is growing our team of seasoned business & tech professionals and we’re seeking a Digital/Web Consultant (contractor) to support our Digital Economy Restart, Recover, Reimagine (DER3) Program. This business-first initiative will require an empathetic, efficient, and highly engaging relationship builder to assess digital/web requirements, deploy practical applications and/or make recommendations to address more complex solutions to clients.
- Act as first and second tier support for clients registering in the DER3 program
- Assess digital/business readiness factors and provide solutions or recommendations to help businesses level up
- Provide technical insight, remote assistance and coaching related to deploying industry-standard web-development tools and other technologies
- Collaborate closely with our fully-remote program team to review client needs and identify opportunities to provide support directly or introduce third-party service providers to help clients achieve their goals.
- Experience as an web 2.0 developer or entrepreneur (freelance consultant or industry contractor)
- Hands-on experience using industry-standard web development tools, such as WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace, Wix, and familiarity with SEO/SEM best practices etc.
- Expertise with commonly-used social media sites, and familiarity with best practices for brand management and copyright protocols
- Ability to work and thrive in a fully-remote team and client-engagement environment with productivity and digital collaboration tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and ability to establish relationships quickly
- Expertise with Accounting, POS, Inventory, CRM/ERP and other small and medium businesses software (and implementation) would be an asset
- Must have a full working home office (internet, computer and mobile phone)
- Core values of community, support, service and a general willingness to help small medium businesses thrive and survive
- Underlying sense of compassion, empathy, community and teamwork!
- Four (4) to six (6) month engagement
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- A Standard Non-Compete, Non-Solicit and Non-Disclosure Agreement is required
About Innovation Island
As a regional partner of the BC Acceleration Network, Innovation Island delivers the Innovate BC Venture Acceleration Program (VAP) to communities north of the Malahat, the Sunshine Coast and Gulf Islands.
The Digital Economy Restart, Recover, Reimagine (DER3) Program is a no cost, no obligation program and was created to help local businesses enter into or expand upon their digital business strategy. Through the DER3 Program, Innovation Island helps companies identify potential changes in their business and operating models to better engage with, and capitalize on, the digital economy.
Please send resume email@example.com